Wednesday 7 April 2010

At Last!

At last the daffodils are starting to flower here in the Scottish Borders!

I thought that it was going to happen two weeks ago but then the snowy weather put them back on stand by.




 


These are a bit special, they have frilly petals...






Look at these...there are four flower buds but they are only 4 inches tall.....!!!

These are so cute, I have lived in this house for 17 years and have never seen these before, they are just on my drive, by an old stone dyke, maybe something ate them in previous years? I hope not as daffodils are supposed to be poisonous!


Did You know....?

The people of the Scilly Isles pay the princely sum of one daffodil each year to the Prince of Wales as rent.....now isn't that silly!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, thanks for dropping by, I appreciate your visit and comments.....