I went with the dark in the middle, I want to call it 'puse', I love that word 'puse'!
That's lavender coloured silk dupioni for the top and a paler silvery lilac for the back.
I marked half of the quilt with a blue pen and then as it was really drying I realised I was struggling to see the marks so swapped out to another darker pen (or six) and did it again ...it took me a whole day to mark with blue pen...next day it was on the frame but under the lights of my Millie I knew that I couldn't see the marks and had to draw in with a purple marker as I went along....bummer.
This is at the end of day one.
Because I used a blue water soluble marker I had to give the quilt a good soak in the bath tub, I didn't want to take any chances of setting the marks so no soap and only clean cold water ...I left it there for about twenty minutes just popping back to agitate a little.
No sqeezing or hanging, you don't want to distort the quilt. I blocked it out right on the carpet in my studio with plenty of towels to catch all the water and plenty of pins to pull it into shape. I left it there for a couple of days.
I was aiming at a nice flat square quilt to hang on the wall.
I know I'm a terrible tease...lol...when it's all bound I'll let you see it!