Monday 23 April 2012

Sunshine on a Rainy Day......

First day back at work today after 2 weeks off, when I got home I had a lovely email from my good friend Kath at Kaths Quilting Diary nominating me for 'The Sunshine Award.'

Thank you so much Kath, I think you know how much it means to receive this award from you!
Kath and I are more than virtual blogger friends, we have met. Back when I was researching longarms I went to try out Kaths machine and we became firm friends!




Now for how the Sunshine award works. There are a few rules and criteria to be followed.



You need to create a post with the following details:

Thank the person who nominated you for this Sunshine Award and link them back.
Then tell something about yourself.
Spread the joy by nominating your fellow bloggers and friends, its a way of appreciation.
Lastly but most important tell the bloggers about their nomination.

There you go, you're all done.



So, I am a Mother, Grandmother, Daughter, Sister and Wife and as most of you will be aware I am a Quilter, but it's the 'quilting' that I appreciate more than the piecing.

'The quilting makes the quilt!'

That's my mantra, I love the metamorphosis of the three layers to a quilt. It's a magical transition that always gives me a buzz, I am all about the quilting.

Feathers, I love feathers, can you tell, for me it's difficult to quilt a quilt without including feathers in the design.


Now time to nominate some of my favourite Bloggers and Friends.


First.... I'd like to nominate my good friend Shannon at Pieceful Kwilter. Shannon is a very active longarmer and piecer, I think at this present time she may be in Paducah as she has a quilt on show that she herself quilted! "Well Done Shannon". One day we will get together and compare notes somehow, somewhere?

Second ..... I'd like to nominate Joan at Leschenault. Joan is a quilter living in Australia, we've never met and maybe never will but we bump into each other here and there and chat often. We are both interested in quilting designs. Joan is a beautiful quilter on her DSM!

Third... I'd like to nominate Anne at Frayed at the Edge.  Anne and I met online but guess what we live within 8 miles of each other and now meet often.  Anne is a prolific blogger and crafter. Knitting, quilting, embroidery and photography keep Anne entertained and Annes blog followers are often left drooling over her food photography, maybe you have a new vocation there Anne?


Fourth.... I'd like to nominate Rhianon, The Nifty Stitcher
Over the past year Rhianon has tuned into a wonderful quilter and has a unique style all on her DSM. One day I am sure that Rhianon and I will meet up at some show or other?

Fifth and last but by no means least..... I'd like to nominate Nicky at Mrs Sew and Sow
Like me Nicky loves horses and quilts. It's a difficult decision to make sometimes as both are addictive!

Pop on over and check out my nominees, there will be lots of eye candy!


Sunshine on a rainy day
Makes my soul, makes my soul drip, drip, drip away
Sunshine on a rainy day
Makes my soul, makes my soul drip, drip, drip away!

4 comments:

  1. thank you kay...

    i think next may-ish our paths might have the opportunity to cross :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kay - accepted with honor and much pleasure - its upon my blog today

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so deserving. Love your blog, I visit often, soaking up your work!
    Best Wishes, Linda from Manitoba, Canada

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for dropping by, I appreciate your visit and comments.....