Thursday 17 May 2012

Junior Ride 2012

The Junior Ride is for Primary school children, Kyle is now at High School so is too old, how did that happen?  This year only Fieron is eligible to ride.

Rosie had a 'beauty parlor' treatment especially for the occasion....




  Even her tail....




Fieron and her Mum.....


 The Children are following the Cornet on a short ride around the Park....



All shapes and sizes, some on lead rein some not.....I think the count was 68 ponies...

 




Here they come back up the Avenue...





It was a bit of a wet night but it didn't seem to dampen anyones spirits!

Well done Fieron and Rosie, you both looked and behaved fabulously! 

 

3 comments:

  1. (Me again! LOL) I have really enjoyed sharing this Scottish Borders tradition with you - very interesting. Fieron sits very well on her pony, well done to both of them (and to Kyle too of course).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to see the pony all done up in braids. I did braiding as a job one summer many years ago. I would go to the shows and get jobs and braid all night long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to see you photos and the rides. I think it was great to have the pony done in braids. I had a job braiding at the horse shows one summer. I would go to the horse shows and let people know I was there and then braid all night long.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for dropping by, I appreciate your visit and comments.....