Wednesday 22 August 2012

FoQ 2012 post 2

I'm now home again and back to the grind.....thought you'd like to see some of my favourite quilty photos from Festival.....


Ostrych by Linzi Upton
This is my very good friend and roomy Linzi's Norse series quilted on a variety of fabrics which I am guessing would be rather difficult to quilt and sew. The fabrics include satin, gold lame, lurex, taffeta and silver lame, all with a very small gold piping. These quiltlets have a wonderful touchy feely quality, shame the white glove lady didn't think so too when I got 'my hands slapped' for touching/straightening them....lol...?  The motif's are all Norse symbols, the detailed quilting leaves a wonderful definition which was lit beautifully, that's a rarity at Festival of Quilts. Quilted on an APQS Lenni.



Bouquet with Tudor Roses
I loved this miniature, it has so much detail, look at all those points, with 3D roses and a tiny, tiny yellow butterfly in the upper right corner....it can't measure more than half an inch....



It won a well deserved 3rd prize in the Miniature category


Glacier Star by Janet Lee Stone and Janet Lee Santeusanio

Wow....did you read the caption....that's Janet Lee and Janet Lee!
Well, guess what? We had the pleasure of Janet Lee Stone's company for dinner on two evenings. Janet Lee was visiting the show to meet up with her friends Ani and Lillian and see her wonderful quilt win 2nd place in the Two person category. But the 2nd Janet Lee is the Janet Lee who owns and runs the MQX East and West shows...that's 'Machine Quilters Exposition' a show for machine quilters. It really is a fabulous quilt, Janet Lee's choice of fabrics and colours was stunning and Janet Lee's quilting enhanced the piecing to perfection.....did you keep up....lol....it was great to meet you Janet Lee....



Cock's Comb by Marjo Stoeckart-Van den Bor
I love this cockerel the detail of the feathers and the eye are wonderful.


Dreamcatcher-Caught a Dream by Birgit Schueller

Although Birgit has not been to the Arizona Desert I have and so this quilt caught my eye straight away.....look close in at that wonderful background quilting stitched on an APQS Millennium....fabulous!



Robyn's 21st Birthday Quilt by Brenda Smith and Janette Chilver

This sampler quilt was quilted by my bestest quilting buddy Janette...look at those evenly spaced scrolls and leaves....well done Janette, it was great to meet up and spend a day together at the show. Quilted on an APQS Lenni.



Cowslip Workshops....Scandinavian Journey
I love this traditional style quilt pattern but of course it was the quilting that caught my eye, beautiful feather scrolls and background quilting.



Flourish by Kay Bell
That's me you can see more info on this quilt here, it was great to see my own quilt hanging in the show, should have maybe entered it into a different category but was thrilled to receive good feedback from the judges.... hey ho!

If I get time I may upload more photos later in the week?

8 comments:

  1. Hi Kay,

    It was great to see you too.... I had a great day it is such a shame it seemed too short... wish I could have stayed another day.

    Your quits were amazin in real life.... Thanks for showing my quilting effort too... embarrasing in comparison with your masterpieces...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, my! Those Norse quiltlets are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely group of quilts! I can't believe you didn't win a ribbon, your quilts are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Detail, detail, detail.....you always blow me away with the fine, fine work that you do! Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Some amazing work there! Glad you got good feedback from the judges, I think it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kay
    Thank you so much for inculding these great pictures of my Dreamcatcher in your blog! I'm very happy that yu like it this much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Glacier Star quilt was my favourite this year.

    Love the quilting on yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another super post, thanks for the mention! I still have to catch up with my own blog about foq...

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for dropping by, I appreciate your visit and comments.....