Friday 26 October 2012

Blogger's Quilt Festival Fall 2012


Amy over at Amy's Creative Side is again hosting the Bloggers Quilt Festival....this is a twice annual event held to coincide with spring and autumn 'quilt market' to give those of us unable to attend a show all of our own. Thank you Amy for hosting this remarkable event, there is always so much eye candy, it makes your mouth water!

This year I am entering 'quilted cushions', yes cushions!

These were a birthday present for my Mother. 




Quilted Cushions 20"x 20"
Longarm Quilted by me

Small wholecloths


The cushions are around 20" square before binding with a 22" feather filler to make them nice and 'plumpsious'. The fabric is a shiny crinkled taffeta and is shot through with black, a bit difficult to photograph, the red tinged photos show the quilting a little better. I did draw in some diagonal guidelines to keep me on the straight and narrow and a few 'S' shapes on the one with the mini feathered wreath in the centre, but essentially these are freemotion hand guided by me, no computer, (maybe in the future). The blue cushion shows the difference if you spend more time and push back the background, then the feathers have more definition!

You can quilt anything on a 'longarm'!

Thanks for visiting my blog...come back often.

Thanks again Amy!

27 comments:

  1. These cushions are so rich and gorgeous Kay. Good luck in the festival xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember these beauties. Do you enter them in a category or does someone else decide where they belong. I'd like to vote for them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very elegant! Your quilting is exceptional!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing quilting Kay. Such perfection. Enjoy the festival.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous. So glad you shared these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilting is just lovely and it stands out so well on the shimmery fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are stunning! I'm always blown away by the incredible things long arm quilters do - the talent! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I'll bet your mom loves these.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow... they certainly show the beauty of quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Kay; I bet these just glow in person! Your quilting is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow these are fabulous. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They're gorgeous! I love the fabric tinged with the black.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your mama must be so very proud! Gorgeous work, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, just beautiful! I am just a beginning longarm quilter and your work is a constant inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! These are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What lovely presents for your mom! So pretty. Thanks for sharing and have a great day

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for dropping by, I appreciate your visit and comments.....