Friday 8 November 2013

Diagonal lines....

I love this quilt with its simple Double Irish Chain, the choice of fabrics give a really classy and kind of oriental look. My customer had definite ideas for the quilting and requested 'simple straight diagonal lines' and square feathered wreaths. Unfortunately there is nothing simple about straight diagonal lines on a longarm.
I marked the circles for the wreaths but the feathers are all freemotion. Glide thread and customers own batting,  it's a big one 110 x 102 inches.

This was the perfect opportunity for long crosshatching rulers.
You can find the rulers here at Topper Quilt Tools, Linda and Dennis provide a wonderful service and the rulers proved to be exactly what  I needed.....








My customer travelled on the bus all the way from Bearsden on the other side of Glasgow to bring me this quilt and was super excited to take the bus again to Borderland Fabrics, Jedburgh to come pick up her quilt too.
Mary was thrilled, that makes me happy, thank you Mary.....

5 comments:

  1. I would be thrilled as well--beautiful crosshatching and Linda's rulers do make it easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilting looks really nice with those fabrics. Thank you for the source tip on the rulers. I really love what you did in the stop border.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! She'd be nuts to not like it. LOL.. So glad she did.

    Rita

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for dropping by, I appreciate your visit and comments.....