Sunday 21 September 2014

Around the World Blog Hop

Hi, it's Monday and it's my turn to share on the Around the World Blog Hop. 

My very dear friend Michelle 0f MMMQuilts  invited me to join the Hop last week. Every Monday, a new group of bloggers will share a little about themselves, and feature a few other bloggers who will post the following Monday. 

Although Michelle and I live many miles apart, Michelle in Canada and myself in Scotland we have been internet friends for many years. Michelle and I both started our quilting lives using 9" machines then progressed onto true longarms. We followed each others progress for a long time until in October 2013 we actually met at a quilt show in the USA, MQX, (Machine Quilter Exposition), Portland, Oregon. That was a fun trip!

Well, this week I'm getting organised for a Quilting Retreat in The Lake District in England....fun, fun, fun....


This is the gang...



This will be our venue for the week....





It's a tough life huh????

1. What am I working on? 
I have scheduled this blog post beforehand, next week I hope to work on a bed quilt using retro fabrics so this week, I am cutting fabric,  it remains to be seen if that comes to fruition, best laid plans and all that...

2. How does my work differ from others of its genre? 
Although this week I am preparing for a retreat my usual work is longarm quilting. I love, love, love custom quilting and am lucky enough to have a few customers who allow me free rein on their quilts. It's sometimes hard to give back a quilt to it's true owner but the pleasure I see in their faces is wonderful.

3. Why do I write/create what I do? 

Although I work for customers as a longarm quilter, I do this work as I am passionate about quilting......

4. How does my writing/creating process work?

I do have customers who require edge to edge or pantograph designs on their quilt tops but my passion is custom quilting.  When I load a custom quilt onto my longarm machine I never really know how I am going to quilt it, it's fun to follow this esoteric process.  The quilt just finished is always my favourite.....


Before I go, I want to let you know of two other bloggers who will be sharing their posts next Monday. 


Julie of  Heritage Keepsakes ....Julie is a longarm quilter living and working in Australia, we have been internet friends for a while using the same APQS longarm machines. We are lucky to have met each other twice, once in Portland, Oregon and then just a few weeks ago here in the UK at Festival of Quilts, in Birmingham, UK.

Lynette of What a Hoot blogspot.....Lynette is a prolific quilter, can you believe that Lynette sent a quilt top all the way from Colarado, US to me here in Scotland, UK for me to quilt for her Dragonfly Party 2 .....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, thanks for dropping by, I appreciate your visit and comments.....