Monday 8 December 2014

Variety is the spice of life....

As a Longarmer, I'm lucky to have many wonderful Clients who allow me to quilt for them and see an array of fabulous quilts and fabrics. I had a few quilts that went home recently, the first, this table runner was already finished and stitched in the ditch. I was asked to add just a little flourish to the blocks to finish it off. Continuous curve in the blocks and a little motif gives the look of flowers and that's all that was needed.....






These lovely fabrics are from a jelly roll brought home from Canada as a souvenir, Eleanor made up the pattern, if I'm not mistaken this is the Jaybird Quilts pattern 'Science Fair'. Eleanor chose Sherry Berry by Anne Bright as an edge to edge design, it's on the pantographs tab at the top of the page.


Another beauty from Tania is this lovely Kimono quilt wallhanging destined for a gift I think. I quilted a 'blowing grasses' edge to edge design with black thread which only really showed in the border as the fabrics and the backing are very busy....this will look fabulous once bound and hung.....

Later this week, I'll be able to show you a quilt that has already crossed the North Sea twice, I'm waiting for my Client to reveal the quilt first but it is a stunner and worth waiting for so check back soon....

1 comment:

  1. Fun kimono quilt. I'm often envious of professional quilters getting to see so many delightful projects!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for dropping by, I appreciate your visit and comments.....