Sunday 3 July 2016

Oriental inspiration....

Two very different customer quilts but both candidates for a new oriental type pantograph or edge to edge design. 'Bamboo' is a stacked design so needs to be quilted across the quilt keeping the stems lined up so that it looks it's best. Ray, (one of my male customers, no sexim, just an observation), is addicted to oriental panels and quilts, this one has relaxing colours and this time I'm told will be used on their bed. Quilted with Metro Khaki Sand thread with Hobbs 80/20 inside...




The next quilt was inspired from a class taught by Kevin at Fabric Focus in Edinburgh, The colours of the fabrics used in Christine's star sampler give an oriental impression, 'bamboo' worked well here too. Quilted with a gold Glide thread with Hobbs 80/20 inside 




Christine took the option of having me cut and prepare the binding and machine stitch it to the front of her quilt leaving Christine to hand stitch it to the back, I pinned the mitres to show how the corners came together on the back just like they do on the front.... 





I still have one or two quilts to list so will be back very soon, I'm just finishing up the quilt that will very nearly drive me insane....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, thanks for dropping by, I appreciate your visit and comments.....