Sunday 1 October 2017

Before we move on....

Well, what do you know, I intended to publish some blog posts while sitting waiting in airports during my recent holiday but here the photos were still sitting waiting in my draft folder...

This lovely log cabin quilt belongs to Jane, it's gorgeous, the blocks are set simply in a straight set design. Jane chose a red thread to match the chimneys and a design named 'Chocolate Leaves', the design shows up wonderfully on the plain navy backing fabric.





Joyce's Jewel Box design quilt has been quilted using a design named Gypsy and cream thread, it turned out really well, I love how the pearls in the design swirl and move across the quilt.



Another quilt from Ishbel, in lovely pea greens and grey colours using a star block, Ishbel has always given me free rein on the quilting design choice, I chose a pea green thread and a new design named 'Woodsprite', I love how this one turned out and more importantly so did Ishbel!




This is a sample from Kevin at Fabric Focus Edinburgh, its a traditional snails trail block design but when I saw it the colours reminded me of the night sky so I chose a design named 'Westwind', it reminded me of the night sky with stars ans swirls, I'm sure this quilt will be on display in Kevin's shop


This lovely star quilt from Ann, pieced by her niece has a quilting design I use quite often named 'Surf', it a really useful design for a variety of different quilts both modern and traditional, I used a red polyester thread.




I was saddened earlier in the month to hear that one of my customers had to give up the fight, the big 'C' unfortunately won the battle, Claire's quilts were always perfectly pieced, I'm sure that the making and giving of those quilts brought her some solace and happiness in the final few weeks, Rest in piece Claire....







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, thanks for dropping by, I appreciate your visit and comments.....