Friday 1 March 2013

Meandering Feathers.....

Wow, what a fabulous quilt, longarmers are lucky to get to see many and varied quilts. It's a difficult job to give some quilts back to their rightful owners. Charlie's quilt was no exception, it was super even before quilting. This was a block of the month quilt using Thimbleberries fabrics from our Local Quilt Shop (LQS).Charlie had intended to quilt this one herself by hand or quilt as you go, but it's a big one. In the end after toying with the idea of full custom we decided on an allover feather meander. All 'freemotion handguided' by me..... at the last minute I decided to add a feather border too to give a more finished look to the back of the quilt. I think Charlie was delighted, she says this one is 'a keeper' to live on her bed....

Hobbs 80/20 batting, Glide thread in Khaki Sand which is a fabulous thread for blending on these autumnal coloured fabrics....100 x 80 inches

Charlies BOM 7


Charlies BOM 5


Charlies BOM 3


Charlies BOM 1


Charlies BOM 8


It was a pleasure Charlie....


14 comments:

  1. Sometimes I ask myself, "Why do anything other than meandering feathers?" Perfect choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! My cousin quilt-buddy was a big-time Thimbleberries lover. I always liked seeing her quilts in those fabrics. This reminds me of those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your meandering feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilt, you did a great job with the feathers, thanks for showing the back, it really shows the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt is so beautiful and your quilting fits perfectly. The idea with the border feather was right, absolutely lovely.
    Saskia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing quilt and the meandering feathers give it such a nice texture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Double wow! Love the feathering....and the quilt is fabulous too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kay...you just get better and better...love your meandering feathers...awesome work ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How much do you mark your quilt when stitching feathers? I'm trying to improve my technique...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - that is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kay - yet again - such a beautiful quilt! :O) Do you just wing it for this kind of all-over? Or do you maybe mark the spines? - Ani xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for your lovely comments ladies.....have to say I just wing it Ani....no marking......

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely work from Charlie and Kay!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for dropping by, I appreciate your visit and comments.....