Friday 13 September 2013

Blues and Twos.....


OK, it's official, I'm addicted..... to tablet Pouches, and tablets, and laptops ..... and technology....



These two are made using different fabrics, the full sized IPad pouch is/was a silver water marked taffeta and the Mini IPad sized cover is/was a crinkled dark teal blue taffeta. Played with painting the feathers as usual and tried different layers of wadding, I usually use two layers but with the larger pouch here I quilted with one layer then added a second layer after between the quilting and a liner. I like it, feels like more protection but is puffier for your hand bag.


Liking them both.....


But these are my favorites....These two started life as the same piece of fabric, a gold piece shot through with turquoise....love browns and blues together..... that's the original fabric colour inside....


Sometimes I use a liner, sometimes I don't.... played with different colour washes for the background....


Adding a different binding changes the look and feel every time....loving both these combinations...






Believe me they are even nicer in real life too, very glitzy....You can see my original tutorial for making these pouches in the July 2013 issue of Machine Quilting Unlimited

Back to the dressmaking.....the back section....

It's invisible, can you see it? The zipper that is....


Using your design wall keeps you focused.....





So that's another finish....I was bad and didn't do a mock up to try out the size but did do a neckline trial to try out some edge stitching designs to get the corners to turn right....it looks good and the best thing it fits perfectly.  This tissue pattern is by Serendipity Designs. OK, another addiction rekindled, next one is already on the cutting board.


Keep meaning to make some proper old fashioned bed valances....quilted of course but in the mean time I made new bed skirts from some wide backing fabric offcuts.... still used the original flat base cover but cut off the old skirt.



Ruffled up and hemmed the new Rambling Dandelion fabric and attached it with my overlocker....a simple job done in no time....

I have been quilting too but can't show you just yet but will soon once my customers have seen them first....some big finishes....

18 comments:

  1. your pouches are wonderful, beautiful quilting.
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the pouches,Kay! Gorgeous!

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your quilting Kay ... Also love the design...got me thinking :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pouches..........and that beautiful top!! How about
    a picture of you wearing it?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pouches are wonderful! You always have to start something I don't have time for. Now I've just gotta give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning pouches, Kay! They look like tooled leather - such wonderful texture! And you make bed skirts sound like a breeze......I shudder when I have to tackle any home decor items like curtains, drapes, sheets, bedskirts! Not my cup of tea at all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are always my Inspiration :O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning!!! I love the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Великолепные изделия. Стёжечка наше всё. очень нравится

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elevana said....Great designs. Stezhechka our all. love

      Delete
  11. Kay you have been busy and I LOVE the notebook covers! Sweet! The quilting is perfect! Love the dressmaking too... Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh, Kay - those pouches are the most beautiful I've ever seen. Absolutely gorgeous! I need to follow your cue and finally get a bedskirt made for my bed. . . Been a whole year and I haven't done anything about that.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for dropping by, I appreciate your visit and comments.....