Monday 26 August 2013

A mixed bag....

It's been a bit of a mixed week....I've managed to finish a fabulous custom customer quilt...I can't show you just yet but soon...just finishing up the hand sewing of the binding....

I had a bit of a reprieve and quilted up a couple of tablet swatches but haven't got them coloured or bound just yet....this is relaxation quilting for me.....the goldy coloured fabric is shot with a turquoise thread, difficult to capture on camera and it definitely looks better quilted.



At Festival of Quilts I bought fabric and patterns to do a bit of dressmaking.  Years ago I worked in a sewing room for a time where they made dresses for that well known label of M and S.... love this purple fabric and have already cut out the top.....it's been a long time since I used my overlocker and guess what....yes,  I managed to snap a thread while pulling through, it took me ages to figure out how it should be threaded but got there in the end....of course I didn't get as much sewing done on Sunday afternoon as a consequence.



I was thrilled that Luana Ruben of EQuilter.com featured my quilt 'Inner Circle - Flower of Scotland' in her weekly blog/newsletter here http://luanarubin.typepad.com/luana-rubin/2013/08/creative-nudge-make-it-your-own.html

 Then Luana and Bonnie McCaffrey posted  videos of the Art Quilts from FoQ on YouTube, my quilt is first so it's easy to find....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BJAv1t9md0&rel=0

Robin has been working with and mouthing my young horse Willow. Willow is a four year old filly, her mother is my old riding horse Moth. I was there when Moth foaled Willow out in the field, Moth just lay and foaled right beside me.  Willow imprinted on me and thought she had two Mothers, that was special.  Our young friend Millie backed Willow last week, she was was very well behaved , just a little unsure.....Millie was very good too....lol....

Millie getting her leg over for the first time on Willow
Thanks Millie....

I have a fabulous applique quilt up next all Joe Morton fabrics......

1 comment:

Hi there, thanks for dropping by, I appreciate your visit and comments.....