Saturday 11 April 2015

Like minds....

It was Mother's Day here in the UK a couple of weeks ago. Being like minds my Youngest sent me a card of a line drawing he made up from headshots from four different photographs.

It's my family, he followed up by sending me a dxf file. Once we got it figured out and into the correct format I played with it and turned it into a quilting file. You could do this with digitising software or with photos and tracing paper, which ever method is a little time consuming but worth the end result.


I added a frame and some feather spines....






And then freemotion quilted in the feathers for the borders. added some non stitch regulated feather meandered backing panels and turned them into cushions all ready to be gifted....



Photographs taken in the morning light are always much more defined....I still have a couple more panels to finish.....

5 comments:

Hi there, thanks for dropping by, I appreciate your visit and comments.....