Monday 2 January 2017

2017 will be awesome!


First post of 2017, Happy New Year to all readers and visitors to my blog, I just know that 2017 is going to be awesome!



First post but looking back to December at client quilts that found there way home in time for Christmas.





This first quilt is beautifully made by Kathleen in a fabulous array of Liberty fabrics. I quilted it using a digitised design by Anne Bright named Surf with a a silver grey thread, it looked fab and Kathleen was super pleased as usual!


Biddy's lovely quilt in reds and creams is quilted with chocolate leaves, that is a lovely flowing design.





Lovely candy cane coloured fabrics in this lovely Christmas quilt, Fiona gave me free rein to choose quilting designs, I used a Christmas design with birds and holly leaves, the backing on this quilt is cut from a huge thick old fashioned never used calico sheet, It gives the quilt a lovely weight, I really wanted to keep that sheet for myself, I'm an old fashioned girl!





Another quilt from Fiona, this time a beautiful machine appliqued quilt, I chose a quilting design  that mimics  the leaf shapes and berries. Bush Berries is a design that keeps popping back up to the top of my design charts, it looked lovely on this colourful quilt, the backing for this one was provided by me, it's a tea stained tan that matched with Fiona's background fabric really well.




Christine eventually got her quilt personally delivered to her Edinburgh residence, the blues and greens are a lovely mix, Christine chose Sherry Berry, its a design I love to use, Christine also chose to have me add the half binding so it was just ready to be hand sewn to the back.






These two quilts were completed in a class at Fabric Focus in Edinburgh the first one belongs to Maria, who requested Crystal Maze as the quilting design, the second one belongs to Kevin, the shop owner. Kevin let me choose the quilting design, the colours seemed quite bohemian to me, I chose a design named Gypsy, I love it!








This last quilt is a calico wholecloth with a point to point pantograph design in the centre and a freemotion hand guided border design, specially commissioned by Lillian for her daughter, Lillian chose to have the half binding applied by me all ready for her to finish with hand sewing.






My DH and I spent a lovely night in the company of Allan and Ann at Lumley Castle for a Murder Mystery event, it was a laugh, dinner, murder mystery entertainment, disco, a night in the castle and breakfast, good company and laughs all round!


3 comments:

  1. love seeing what you have done, great inspiration. Also love the photo of the castle. Going to Scotland and seeing castles is on my Bucket List...not likely but a wish anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting Ann, keep wishing, dreams can come true....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for dropping by, I appreciate your visit and comments.....