Sunday 28 January 2018

It's still January right?

Happy New Year, a little late I know but it is still January, right?

What happens when you catch the 'real flu' late November early December then come down with a virus late December, you get a bit behind that's what!
Anyway, I've got my energy levels back to normal so am back at it, here's a little catch up of what's been going on or should I say shipping out over the past month or so... not that much really....

Susan always sends me lovely appliqued/pieced quilts with that french flare, they always quilt up beautifully....Freemotion and handguided quilting...








 Here's a lovely New York Beauty quilt set symmetrically, quilted with a digital design and freehand designs, already shipped home to Wilma, quilted with a blue/grey Metro thread with Hobbs 80/20 wadding...

And it's marmalade time... just four jars but a start ....








This was supposed to be a personal project over the Christmas Holidays, I started it but just didn't have the heart to get it finished until just this week, it's now done and I have to say I'm rather pleased with it. The pattern is from ByAnnie.com, The Ultimate Travel Bag, I deviated from the instructions by using a heavier decor weight William Morris fabric and an extra layer of wadding, so I used ByAnnie's Soft and Stable over a layer of Hobbs 80/20, it's sturdy, Hand Luggage or Overnight bag and is just ready for my up coming trip, watch this space.....

I'll be back soon with a few more quilts that went home before Christmas, maybe November even....

3 comments:

  1. Wow - the medallion quilt is gorgeous! Nice quilting on it, Kay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quilting designs are awesome, love the designs.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for dropping by, I appreciate your visit and comments.....