Monday 16 August 2010

Another simple top!

I started piecing this top a couple of weeks ago...then life took over as usual...guess I must have been born with a paint brush in my hand....The fabric was a charm pack I wanted to use up...sometimes I think fabric has a use by date and I think this collection is one of them, luckily I had some 1/2 yard pieces that matched up well....the quilt is growing and the design is coming together...not sure I like it too much else I think I would have finished piecing it by now but it will still do for quilting practice.

This is how it looks on the design wall, still needs another 15 or so pieces/tiles, maybe still a little bit of jiggling and the blocks still need squaring up...then I'll have to decide on a border treatment..I think something simple .......





 I've decided that this is a great way to view your design wall, you can usually see where you can make one or two adjustments once you've uploaded a photograph onto the web....lol.... or places where you have missed a bit of quilting if it's a finished quilt...lol....



2 comments:

Hi there, thanks for dropping by, I appreciate your visit and comments.....