Friday 14 February 2014

Not all hearts and flowers.....

Valentines Day is not all about hearts and flowers....how about this little quilt for a bit of romance.....




I've had this fabric by Robyn Pandolf for a few years now and intended to make a quilt similar to this with it. When I came across this beautiful digitised panto design, Sheri Berry by Anne Bright I knew it needed a quilt and fabric that would show case the design as a sample for my customers.
Hobbs 80/20 batting with white Metro thread. I mitred the borders and intended to add a scalloped border but instead used a serpentine border as seen on the vintage quilt below....there is also a wonderful tutorial by Margaret Solomon Gunn in the January issue of  Machine Quilting Unlimited.  That's all bias cut binding but my Serpentine Border is more curvy this the vintage quilt.

A vintage quilt.....




Isn't it nostalgic, it reminds me of the Eiderdown toppers we used to have when I was a kid, I still have one of those in the loft......I like this modern version.






At 50x60 inches it looks great as a topper on either a single/twin or double bed or could also be use as a lapquilt or large crib quilt.....love it.....

Comments and Emails
Can I make a plea to those of you who ask me a question via the comments link....sometimes I would like to send you a personal email, but some of you are on no-reply which means you don't leave me an email address.....so if you would like to ask me something please use the email link on the top left or to kay@borderlinequilter.co.uk......thank you.

3 comments:

  1. What a pretty quilting design and the quilt is lovely! That border is wonderful with its serpentine edge. It just makes the quilt. I'm inspired to try it on a quilt of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful design and quilt, Kay. I didn't realize you went computerized. Did you write about your change? I missed it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for dropping by, I appreciate your visit and comments.....