Sunday 8 May 2016

Mrs Billings...

 Sue brought me this lovely 'Mrs Billings' quilt, all hand pieced with a running stitch using beautiful bright oriental fabrics. It took around 18 months of stitching time, the hexagons are appliqued onto the background, the border design is very clever. The pattern can be found on the Quilters Guild of the British Isles website in the UK or at Somerset Patchwork in Australia.

I did what I call minimal quilting but it was still quite intense with all of those pieces, I used only two threads, Sue provided the wadding which I think was Hobbs 80/20, it's a heavy quilt with all of those seams...

The original Mrs Billings quilt is in the hands of /the Quilters Guild of the British Isles....

I'm going to let the photos speak fr themselves...















































What a lot of pieces, beautiful isn't it?

9 comments:

  1. So pretty! Your quilting is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! What an AMAZING quilt. Your quilting is amazing and just makes it pop so much more. Love this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fantastic. I quilted one with 3/4" clamshells which is what Karen Styles used on her pattern sample.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fantastic. I quilted one with 3/4" clamshells which is what Karen Styles used on her pattern sample.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! I have nothing else to say!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful........been tempted to make this quilt............

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous quilt and quilting!! So....how long did it take you to quilt it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That quilting is stunning and the quilt looks fabulous. Congrats to both of you.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for dropping by, I appreciate your visit and comments.....