Thursday 19 April 2012

Playing....

I've been doing a bit of playing!  Well, I wanted to do a tension test on the thread that a customer has chosen so for me the best way is to do an actual sample. So I chose a panto, plain fabrics, lilac on top and lime green as the backing. Boring so far right? Then I reversed the thread colours and put the lime green thread on top and the dark lilac in the bobbin and stitched out the panto. I'll use the finished quilted fabric as a sample for the panto but also cut away some of it to make a cover for my Studio cutter!

I used 'Happy Times' panto but then I got a bit carried away and added some feathers, there is still plenty left to make the panto sample though! I have to say the tension on the back was perfect and there were just one or two small pull ups in the points, so it's good to know the thread combination will work out OK on my customers quilt!

'Happy Times with Feathers.'



10 comments:

  1. wow, that's a wonderful way to take a simple panto and make it perfectly stunning!! Looks like no tension problems to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea! What type of threads did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful Kay - I do love your quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is outstanding, it would make a fabulous border treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks fantastic ....love your quilting.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a feather queen.... LOL - it all looks great.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not a fan of pantos, and feel that feathers have been oversued ... but you have combined the two beautifully! Well done, go to the top of the class!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, sew fun to play! Love what you did here. I need to find more time to play....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning work as always.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for dropping by, I appreciate your visit and comments.....