Wednesday 15 June 2011

'Colouring In' for grown ups!



I was saving these small wholecloth patterns from my lilac cushion for my Granddaughter to colour in ....she soon lost interest....

But I find that a bit of colouring in is very therapeutic....you can do this when watching tv or at times when it's not appropriate to hide away in the quilt cave......it was difficult to colour as this is hard matt photographic paper....




Then I scanned it back into the computer and made it into a faux wholecloth.....





I like to print these out for greetings cards...of course you could also make this from a plain fabric and colour the fabric too.....someday maybe!


10 comments:

  1. That is so cool! What a great idea for note cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would be beautiful done as a hand painted whole cloth quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, this summer that will be one of my projects, drawing whole cloths with feathers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I agree coloring is so relaxing! Love the notecard idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your shading is lovely - and a super idea for cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to color too! What a brilliant idea to make cards from your designs - they are gorgeous! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! And I love that they will now be greeting cards. Kudos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are amazing at designing wholecloths! They are always so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for dropping by, I appreciate your visit and comments.....