Saturday 26 November 2016

Charity Quilts....

I had an email from Elizabeth, one of my customers who made a quilt to raise some funds, the money was split between Breast Cancer Awareness and The MacMillan Centre in Dumfies, total money donated was £1040.00 wasn't that just fantastic. I'm sure that the making of the quilt gave Elizabeth something else to focus on as she has unfortunately been undergoing chemotherapy every three weeks. Here's hoping that life gets a little easier for you from now on Elizabeth.

Here's a photo of Elizabeth's quilt, it was quilted back in April, the pink and aqua quilt has maybe a fat quarter of 'Breast Cancer Awareness' fabric on the pink patches, Elizabeth made it as a raffle quilt to raise funds, I quilted it with 'ribbon swirls', I thought that was appropriate.



So if you are ever thinking about making a quilt to auction for charity, it is very worthwhile!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, thanks for dropping by, I appreciate your visit and comments.....