Wednesday 10 October 2018

Pieces of Blackpool.....

My good friend Anna in Blackpool sent me a few quilts a while ago, I was expecting two, five arrived. Although they weren't bed size quilts, Anna requested that I give them a full binding treatment, I have to say that I don't do that for just anybody these days. I only do a half binding treatment for my customers except in exceptional circumstances, this must have been one of them.

Look closely at this Christmas quilt, it has a pieced top already bordered with the red plant pot inserted in the bottom seam. I quilted it then steamed the plant pot in place before then placing the stars and bow ready to be fused in place with a steam iron.
I then put the quilt back on the longarm and used the longarm to do a manual button hole stitch around all of the fused pieces. Then I did a full binding treatment, it's all now ready for Christmas....





While the Christmas quilt was still on the frame I attached two smaller quilt tops (see above), onto the same backing fabric, this saved me having to load each one onto the frame separately, I then bound these two quilts too. Anna was surprise to have these three quilts hand delivered at Festival of Quilt in August.

Just last week I loaded the last two small quilts, gave them a light custom quilt job and yes you've guessed it after trimming them up I added a full binding treatment to these two quilts too...





I'll be shipping the last two quilts off to Blackpool very soon Anna....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, thanks for dropping by, I appreciate your visit and comments.....