Monday 8 July 2019

Churn Dash

I love the colour contrast of purple and beige, who would have thought of such a combination? Doreen did! Quilts which have blocks set on point, or diagonal set often come with their own unique set of problems. This one was no exception, I struggled to tame the fullness in the blocks, much starch, steam and cursing was had, but in the end I was pleasantly surprised with the result. Quilted with khaki sand thread and 'crystal maize computerised quilting design. I hope Doreen was happy with the finished quilt, it went home with that crinkly old fashioned look.... 






















2 comments:

  1. I really like the cream with the blue too. It is a lovely combination. Your quilt is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love churn dash quilts....you did a great job on the quilting.....

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for dropping by, I appreciate your visit and comments.....