Sunday 14 March 2010

Fieron's Hearts!

Before Christmas my beautiful Granddaughter Fieron and I decided to make a wallhanging.... Fieron chose the fabrics from my stash, she wanted mostly pink hearts. Fieron helped just a little with cutting out and did some piecing, (she’s only 7 years old).


It was ready to quilt in February, I have a Husqvarna Viking Mega Quilter (only 9 inches) with Original Inspira Frame. It was a bother from the start, I put it on my humble frame, stabilised the blocks, (perfect tension), and then I tripped over the power cord to my SR, pulled out the little socket from the circuit board, had to send my SR back to the US to be fixed, 3 weeks later, SR back, top back on the frame, tension terrible, couldn't figure out what was wrong, well you know how it is.....something just happens, you don’t know what, it just comes right again!!!


It's a large wall hanging (60”x38”) and will be hung over Fieron's bed


Well, it’s eventually finished and Fieron absolutely loves it!!!
The best part, when it was finished, I draped it over Fieron and she said "Oh Grandma, you did feathers, Wow, that's so cool"!

More photos Can be seen in my Flickr album

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, thanks for dropping by, I appreciate your visit and comments.....