Saturday 27 March 2010

Quilt Backing!

Don't you just love those charity shops?

I'm always on the look out for fabrics to use for backs of wall hangings and smaller quilts, I don't mind buying a fabric for a bed quilt, I like my bed quilts to be double sided so don't mind spending a bit extra!!!

It's great to find some fabric that is 100% cotton, even better when it's white and can be dyed to a colour of your choice. This one's tone on tone too!  It's a single bed sized duvet cover with matching pillow cases.

I left the pillow cases white for now, trimmed off the seam allowance all around the cover to give two big pieces of fabric....I dyed one solid to match my current project...



The second piece I tray dyed  with two tones of the same colour and got this effect....




I also over dyed  a couple of small pieces from a previous session that were a bit wishy washy and got these, I really the love the multi coloured piece....




There are some really nice pieces of fabric there for £6.00 and they have all been through the washing machine twice already so that's fine!!

It's been a while since I had a dying session but I am already planning another!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, thanks for dropping by, I appreciate your visit and comments.....