Tuesday 8 May 2012

Bonchester

Saturday saw the start of 'Ride Outs' for Hawick Common Riding 2012, the destination was Bonchester Bridge. Kyle and his Dad were riding Layla and Dibbly, so without further a do here are some photos from the day the first being this years Cornet Ross Nichol with his Right and Left Hand Men, Michael Davidson and Greg Easton and Acting Father Iain Huggan.







Enjoy the scenery.....






These bulls hardly moved as the horses galloped by.....









Here's Fieron, the blossom on this cherry tree is late as it's been so cold here but today has been a lovely dry day.




Everyone home again safe and sound....the ride was around 15 miles today!



Tuesday's ride went to Cogsmill , the horses always 'muster' at Backdamgate







 

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous scenery. One day I hope to get there

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to research these Ride Outs, since I am part Scottish. Would love to visit the Tattoo one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of "Ride Outs" so. like Judy, I will also have to research as I have recently discovered my Scottish (Glaswegian) heritage in the form of my great-great-great-grandmother, Agnes McMillan.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for dropping by, I appreciate your visit and comments.....