Monday 26 November 2018

A Thoughtful Grandad

I had a thoughtful Grandad bring me a couple of quilts to finish for his Grandchildren.
Their Grandmother had recently died and Grandad wanted his Grandchildren to have quilts that their Grandmother had made.
Grandad's only request was that one top be quilted with daisies for 'Daisy' and one possibly with lions for 'Leo.'
For Daisy's quilt I also found a backing fabric in my stash that also had daisies, so that was a win, win situation.



Leo's quilt was backed with a beige/cream fabric that had swirls reminiscent of a lions mane, and yes I found a lovely lion panotgraph to suit too. Both quilts were finished with a machine attached binding to compliment the tops...







Marion eventually has a finished quilt, I say eventually as this top has been in progress for many years, it's been a finished top for many years too, now it's a quilt. The quilting design used is 'Surf', lost on many of the busy fabrics but showing up well on the backing fabric. Marion requested that I add a half binding so that she could sit and hand sew to the back while reminiscing on all of those fabric hexies cut from many of the dresses that she wore in the sixties and seventies...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, thanks for dropping by, I appreciate your visit and comments.....