Monday 26 November 2018

Heirloom Applique...

Rita is a master appliquer, extraordinaire. I love the subtle colours chosen, the background fabric was apparently Japanese and was a bit slippery on occasions.
The bottom corners of the borders had applique flowers and vines but the top corners didn't, I added ghost flowers to the top border with piano keys and a curved design that I call 'worm holes' that gives a lot of movement to all of that empty space.....
I added a half binding machine sewn to the front ready for Rita to hand sew to the back...

For the blocks I used pebbles and playful feathers to suit the designs. Another happy customer, Rita was thrilled!

There are lots of photos, some before quilting and in progress, so just enjoy.....






















































6 comments:

Hi there, thanks for dropping by, I appreciate your visit and comments.....